The purpose of this training is to provide the delegate with enough information on B-BBEE to understand the potential effects of B-BBEE on the economy in general and how the Human Resources related elements of the B-BBEE scorecard will affect their business specifically. The Intermediate Course is specifically designed to provide comprehensive training on the specific B-BBEE elements and the theoretical scenario testing thereof.
- To present the guidelines to understand the Management Control Element and the Skills Development Element of the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- Training on how to apply the relevant calculations of the Management Control Scorecard and the Skills Development Scorecard.
- Theoretical scenario testing to understand the application of the guidelines and applicable calculation relating to applicable elements.
- To answer any questions posed by the delegates.
- Two day interactive presentation facilitated by a BEE Academy Facilitator including the following:
a. General Key Principles aligned to the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice:
- Basic understanding of the B-BBEE Verification Cycle and the significance of the relevant B-BBEE initiatives aligned to the cycle.
- How to determine the B-BBEE Recognition Level for a Large Enterprise, Qualifying Small Enterprise and Exempt Micro Enterprise.
- Understanding of the Priority Elements and the impact of the Discounting Principle.
b. An In-depth understanding of the Management Control Element in the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- The Management Control theoretical understanding includes:
- Allocation of Occupational Levels across the Measured Entity i.e.:
- Board of Directors
- Executive Management and Other Executive Management
- Senior, Middle and Junior Management
- People with Disabilities
- Impact of the Economic Active Population (EAP) target.
- The Management Control theoretical scenario testing includes:
- Classifying applicable Occupational Levels.
- Calculating the EAP target for Senior, Middle and Junior Management.
c. An In-depth understanding of the Skills Development Element in the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- The Skills Development theoretical understanding includes:
- What constitute as Skills Development Expenditure
- In-depth understanding of the Skills Development Learning Programme Matrix (category A to G programmes) including practical examples.
- Basic understanding to calculate the points per measurement criteria in the Skills Development Scorecard.
- Impact of the Economic Active Population (EAP) target
- 15% limitation of Skills Development Expenditure on category F&G programmes and related training cost.
- Understanding to optimise the Skills Development Expenditure by means of enhance recognition of claims on the Skills Development Scorecard.
- The Skills Development theoretical scenario testing includes:
- Classify applicable Learning Programme categories.
- Calculate Skills Development Expenditure which qualifies as Legitimate Training Expenditure.
d. Identify the interpretational issues in the B-BBEE industry.
e. Understanding of the required documentation to support each element claim.
- Learning Material Pack which consist of the basic principles of the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice, general explanation and basic calculations.
- PDF PowerPoint Presentation of the Workshop.
- Attendance Certificate of the Intermediate Course.